Vantage is seeking a Legal Assistant for handling light paralegal duties, such as the helping in the preparation of: civil pleadings both in state and federal court, various forms of contracts, patent / trademark filings, and other miscellaneous legal documents & correspondence. You will also be responsible for the calendaring of all civil matters, meetings, and deadlines of the General Counsel.
Responsibilities to Include (but not limited to):
- Full knowledge of Pennsylvania, Bucks County and Federal Court procedures (including venue, jurisdiction, pleadings, motions, appeals and the proper means / forms by which matters are submitted to these courts & their electronic filing systems).
- Draft basic legal documents using proper procedures required by statutes and rules of court.
- Maintain a master calendar for all civil matters, meetings, and deadlines of General Counsel.
- Interact effectively with the outside counsel, opposing counsel, and employees of the firm.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, using discretion and tact.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of specific instruction.
- Use good judgment to make decisions appropriate to this level of responsibilities.
- Review legal documents and identify inaccuracies or omissions.
- Understand complex business-related legal documents including supply agreements, acquisition and sale agreements, joint venture agreements, and service / vendor related agreements.
- Supports document management process, and establish/maintain filing systems for all civil matters, trademarks, patents, and other miscellaneous legal matters.
- Uses PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, and other programs in preparation of correspondence, documents and/or presentations; efficiently creates charts, graphs, tables, and text slides; responsible for formatting consistency and accuracy on time-sensitive, high-profile documents
- Coordinate meetings, calls, and conferences to include detailed arrangements.
- Compose correspondence using correct English, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Pay attention to detail in all work to be performed, and see work through to its logical conclusion.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of administrative experience in a Pennsylvania law office or Office of General (Paralagal training and experience is highly preferred).
- Knowledge of legal terminology, legal forms & documents, legal practices & procedures, litigation, and legal calendaring.
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
- Excellent telephone, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently.
- Pennsylvania Notary Public license is preferred, but not mandatory.
Benefits & Perks:
- Vantage Labs offers a competitive salary and bonus plan
- Company benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, ID Theft Protection, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, etc.
- Paid Training
- Laptop/Technology required to perform the required duties
- Business expense reimbursement
- Professional career advancement opportunities.
Vantage Labs www.vantage.com is a world leader and innovator in the development and leveraging of artificial intelligence and natural language technologies into a broad spectrum of vertical markets and industries. We specialize in providing advanced Software-as-a-Service solutions; we believe our customers should be able to choose top-quality linguistic solutions that meet the challenges of their market and business. Our technology is built on more than 30 years of linguistic research and is integrated with both SaaS and installable products. Vantage's technologies are deployed in many common products, and we own some of the most prevalent technology patents in the country.
Vantage Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying