Director of Engineering
The Director of Engineering is responsible for planning, management, maintenance, operation and oversight of the entire Vantage Communications production network in a manner that results in 100% uptime of the network and 100% services availability to all customers.
Key Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for network uptime and 100% availability of all services provided
- Operation, maintenance, and system administration functions of core network components
- Operation, maintenance, and evolution of VoIP-specific applications and services delivery platform
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert level understanding of VOIP, including SIP, WebRTC, known open-source technologies including SBC/B2BUA, Transcoding/Media servers, Asterisk-based call control and routing servers
- Not less than 8 years of experience in large network operations, maintenance, systems administration, design, planning, capacity management, DNS, and troubleshooting – supporting not less than 5,000 end-points
- Not less than 5 years of experience with the following tasks; IP Telephony/VoIP product/service design, implementation, access control, capacity management, back-up management, redundancy/failover, platform troubleshooting, SBC operations, SIP/PSTN connectivity, and maintenance of all components of WebRTC and VoIP services delivery and availability
- Full understanding of distributed applications and infrastructure, including web, database, middleware, APIs, and microservices
- High level of proficiency with Linux, VMware (including; provisioning of virtualized servers), and general infrastructure/server configuration and administration
- Familiarity with on one or more of the following; JAVA, Angular, NodeJS, LUA, and/or PHP
- Familiarity with overseeing and migrating self-hosted applications and services to commercial cloud providers (AWS)
Benefits & Perks:
- Vantage Unified Communications offers a competitive salary and bonus plan
- Company benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, ID Theft Protection, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, etc.
- Paid Training
- Laptop/Technology required to perform the required duties
- Business expense reimbursement
- Professional career advancement opportunities.
Vantage Unified Communications <www.vantageunified.com> is a hosted communications services provider, currently focusing on serving the SMB marketplace within the United States. Vantage uses its own technology and applications to present a communications toolset, which features a robust roster of telephony features and functions, call center services, web-based communications tools, and CRM services. Vantage places an emphasis on providing live, enthusiastic, personal support to ensure that users realize the full value of the services and tools provided. The combination of our hosted tools and high-touch support model uniquely positions Vantage for success as we empower our customers to Communicate More ... and Expect More.
Vantage Unified Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying